Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
D premier firmware upgrade. HELP!
(14-Mar-2023, 21:32)thumb5 Wrote:
(14-Mar-2023, 21:13)gianventu Wrote: The full message is "illegal configuration" contact support.
Does that message come up during the firmware upgrade procedure?  On the face of it, it looks like a problem with the configuration file (dp_cfg.txt) rather than the firmware.

(14-Mar-2023, 21:13)gianventu Wrote: I was trying to install the last available firmware version for d premier (10.1.0)
I also tried with older versions of firmware I found in a link in this forum.

I wondered whether you might have to upgrade in steps from 5.5.0 to 10.1.0 since it's quite a big jump otherwise.

(14-Mar-2023, 21:13)gianventu Wrote: Tried also to use a new SD card.
The actual version on the d premier firmware is the 5.5.0 
HW 4.1.1
On my older d premier I am running the 10.1.0 and has been updated years ago.

It's quite important that there are no files on the SD card apart from the firmware package (unzipped) when you're doing the firmware update.  Likewise after the firmware update you should make sure that the SD card only has the configuration file on it.  You might have to use an SD formatting utility to be sure that the SD card is properly cleaned before either stage.

Are you trying to just run the new D-Prem as a stand-alone unit initially, rather than in a dual mono set-up?  That would probably make things easier to debug.

If all else fails I guess it is probably a good idea to talk to Devialet support.

Ok guys, problem solved!
I tried an hard reset keeping the power button pushed for several seconds. When restarted, the firmware has been upgraded regularly! Now I have the latest version installed.
Hope my experience will be useful for other forumers, and thank everybody for helping.

Messages In This Thread
RE: D premier firmware upgrade. HELP! - by gianventu - 14-Mar-2023, 21:54