Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1pc. Phantom1 or 2pcs. Phantom2 reactor which should I buy?
(29-Apr-2023, 09:36)Jann Wrote:
(25-Apr-2023, 04:55)oldschooler Wrote: Hello friends,

Thank you for accepting me here in the forum.
I have been wanting to buy the devialet for a long time 
and finally
I am now in the position to do so.

The cost of 1pc. phantom1 is almost equal to the cost of 2pcs of phantom2 reactor,
Should I buy the 1 pc phantom1 and maybe wait for 2~3 years before I can finance another one
or buy the 2pc. phantom 2 reactor now for a true stereo setup?

Appreciate your thoughts!

Cheers!

I’m the happy owner of a stereo pair Phantom II for over a year now.  

Last summer I bought a single Phantom I for a different room and just out of curiosity compared the single Phantom I vs stereo Phantom II in my living room. 
The difference is huge. I would never ever want to have a single Phantom only. 

Some people on this forum said 2 Phantoms are 4x as good as one. I completely agree now after owning them for this much time. In the beginning I was wondering the same thing as you Smile

Get 2 Phantom II now and upgrade to Phantom I when you have the money. 
Devialet give great exchange rates through their Elevate program. 
After 1 year my Phantoms are still worth 1000€ each (1290€ new) according to Devialet, so you wouldn’t loose much money.
I agree,  I bought a pair of phantom 1 for the living room and later a pair of phantom 2 for the bedroom. I found I listen most often in the bedroom since it is the quieter place, and I would say in a small to medium room a pair of phantom 2 sounds just as good, or I would say is just as musically enjoyable, certainly better than a single phantom 1. If you want to upgrade, buy them legs, they will sound even better.
2 phantom Gold
2 phantom Reactor
Dione soundbar
Spotify connect 
Apple music
Audirvana 3.5.44 for Mac

Messages In This Thread
RE: 1pc. Phantom1 or 2pcs. Phantom2 reactor which should I buy? - by eniriop - 03-May-2023, 03:29