Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
D250 to D800 or upgrade to D250 pro CI?
(10-Dec-2023, 22:54)Pim Wrote: I haven't heard the version 4 of the B&Ws, but a mate of mine has the series 2 and I found his really benefited from the extra power my Od'A gave them. I reckon going dual mono will have more of an impact than the little bit of extra resolution. And I'm saying that as someone who still owns a D200 and has heard the D200 straight after the Od'A. The upgraded series is better yes, but the improvement from the extra power should not be underestimated. Especially at lower volumes.

The 802 whether D2, D3 or D4 can be a very demanding speaker when it comes to power. Give 'em more & they love it and keep rewarding you with goosebumps. Ideally, they should be driven with a set of 440 Pro CI OR 1000 Pro CI. However, 

1. if the user's room is relatively small and a D250 is working out well with its power levels, then the most obvious choice would be to upgrade to 250 Pro CI. 

2. If the user is finding that he's easily running out of power and desire more, then adding a 2nd D250 would be the ideal.

And here, I gotta agree with @Pim
Roon Nucleus w/ Hypsos PSU & AQ Tornado + Roon RAAT  >  AQ Diamond ETH > etherREGEN using SFP + Hypsos PSU | CEC TL-5 CD Transport + AQ Z3 + 3 x Orea Indigo > AQ Diamond AES/EBU 
Devialet 440-Pro CI >  AQ Wel Sig  RCA-XLR | 6 x Orea Bronze, 2 x Synergistic Research Atmosphere PC | B&W 802 D3 {Bi-wired}  >  AQ WEL Signature (Biwire)
REL G1-Mk2 pair | PS Audio PP 12 + AQ NRG-1000 | Puritan GroundMaster + RouteMaster | SAM DISABLED - DPM OFF - Northern Virginia - US

Messages In This Thread
RE: D250 to D800 or upgrade to D250 pro CI? - by audio_engr - 11-Dec-2023, 02:37