Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is the Devialet not just an amp?
Ok, I am not meaning this to be controversial but I guess after a few days on this forum I have gathered a lot of information.

I am considering a 200, and I have highlighted in other threads some issues with the demo, but that is not what this post is about.

The main reason I am considering a 200 is to be honest the rave reviews, and perhaps more importantly to get the box count down.
Now starting to wonder about reducing the box count. The 200 would be a major purchase for me and much more than I have ever spent on any one piece of kit ( up here in Newcastle I can get a small semi detached house for this ) Dodgy

So my thought process was that I stretch myself for the 200, use my current network player with it. I also thought that I would get rid of the headphone amp as the 200s would surely be just as good as mine. The DAC would be as good as a good high end stand alone DAC??

I am really not sure it will reduce boxes now as after going through this forum, most people on here seem to use it as an Amp.

Most people on here seem to have it as part of a bigger set up, separate DACs, separate streamers and some pretty high end at that.

How do you see the Devialet?

For me it was not a starting point, it was my solution that would last me years and years because of the software upgrades, SAM techology etc.

One thing I do love is the forum and people taking time out to help so many thanks to all who have done that.
Devialet 200 -- Roon Nucleus-- Sonus Faber Olympica 2 -- Tellurium Q Black Speaker Cables --
Chord Qutest -- Niimbus US5 Pro Headphone amp —HifiMan HEK, Abyss 1266TC
Newcastle upon Tyne, England

Messages In This Thread
Is the Devialet not just an amp? - by Womaz - 02-Mar-2015, 18:28
RE: Is the Devialet not just an amp? - by Jayr - 02-Mar-2015, 19:29
RE: Is the Devialet not just an amp? - by Pim - 02-Mar-2015, 23:44
RE: Is the Devialet not just an amp? - by Pim - 03-Mar-2015, 14:20
RE: Is the Devialet not just an amp? - by Pim - 03-Mar-2015, 19:03
RE: Is the Devialet not just an amp? - by Pim - 04-Mar-2015, 00:21
RE: Is the Devialet not just an amp? - by Pim - 04-Mar-2015, 14:19
RE: Is the Devialet not just an amp? - by gray - 08-Mar-2015, 07:02
RE: Is the Devialet not just an amp? - by gray - 09-Mar-2015, 03:36