Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Phantoms delivered this afternoon
(07-Mar-2015, 15:54)thumb5 Wrote: Sorry to hear the Phantoms have given you a hard time.  Hopefully it's all "just software", as they say.

And...not a serious problem with your 250, I hope?

Well both my 250s had problems reading SD cards when they came back from being updated from D-Premiers. The master (the one which still reads 24/192 on optical) failed to latch the card, but read it fine, it was just a faff getting it out, the companion sometimes failed to read the card, resulting as it switching on as a default mode 250 about half the time.
I returned them both for repair, the master came back fine and the companion had the same fault. Not wanting the faff of returning it I left it as it was and just put up with often having to switch on a few times (or remove and put back the card). It seemed to be getting worse and a couple of times wouldn't switch on at all and after a bit of diagnostics with the help team a faulty DUET board was diagnosed and it is back having it replaced. I have asked for them to fit a 24/192 compatible optical 1 input if possible too, but had no reply on that so far.
Interestingly, it worked perfectly as a 250 in default mode.

I wonder how many other problems I had put down to software may be hardware. I am hoping the stereo image goes back to being as good as my dual mono D-Premiers had been when it comes back.
Devialet Original d'Atelier 44 Core, Job Pre/225, Goldmund PH2, Goldmund Reference/T3f /Ortofon A90, Goldmund Mimesis 36+ & Chord Blu, iMac/Air, Lynx Theta, Tune Audio Anima, Goldmund Epilog 1&2, REL Studio. Dialog, Silver Phantoms, Branch stands, copper cables (mainly).
Oxfordshire

Messages In This Thread
Phantoms delivered this afternoon - by f1eng - 06-Mar-2015, 18:31
RE: Phantoms delivered this afternoon - by f1eng - 07-Mar-2015, 17:19
RE: Phantoms delivered this afternoon - by DSJ - 07-Mar-2015, 20:54
RE: Phantoms delivered this afternoon - by DSJ - 07-Mar-2015, 21:38
Phantoms delivered this afternoon - by mirekti - 08-Mar-2015, 18:09
RE: Phantoms delivered this afternoon - by Phs - 09-Mar-2015, 17:28