Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Phantoms delivered this afternoon
(14-Mar-2015, 14:58)f1eng Wrote: Yes mine work in stereo but the software doesn't work very well. From CD optical into one Phantom it sounds fine. Streaming from music on my computer I get stuttering from one channel at the start of every track.
Sometimes one speaker stops working altogether and looking at Spark shows it has "lost" that speaker as it no longer shows up in Spark.
A software reset of the Phantom and then re-doing the Spark setup is then necessary. The setup almost always hangs at a "setting up your Phantoms this could take 1 or 2 minutes" page.

I have given up using mine, it seems pointless until a working version of Spark, or maybe the internal firmware of the Phantom, is distributed.
I have not had a listening session yet without a crash or reboot.
Mine is not yet a useable system for listening to music, IMO.
I felt the same when I had a demo Linn Klimax DS system here. It was unacceptable as a bit of domestic hifi. The Phantoms are a bit worse though, in terms of software stability.

I'm sorry to hear that. Mine can be a bit temperamental when I switch on them for a listening. It usually involves the Spark app not picking up my optical out for music. Sometimes it works first time, other times I have to switch the speaker off and then on again. 

Other times it has impeccable manners. One thing I found that was really good, was when I switch to using my Playstation, it switches the output automatically so nothing for me to do. And when they really want to play ball, when I switch back to listening music, it changes to the appropriate output automatically. For me when this happens it is a real bonus and a glimpse on how it should work, when they finally get everything sorted out on the software front.

I just finished listening to Genesis - 'Suppers Ready' at 60. WOW. I really enjoyed that. So we are talking just over half the volume and it filled the whole house, upstairs and downstairs AND I was streaming from Rhapsody. On my old rig, I would have to turn it much higher, to about 10 (my old amp went from 100 to 10). So that gives you an idea of the power these little babies can pump out. I've just finished packing up my old kit to post off and I felt really choked. But after listening to the Phantoms with this track I know that I've made the right choice. I hope you get yours sorted, because I've not encountered the problems you are describing. When it does start to work, I'll know you will be happy.

Messages In This Thread
Phantoms delivered this afternoon - by f1eng - 06-Mar-2015, 18:31
RE: Phantoms delivered this afternoon - by DSJ - 07-Mar-2015, 20:54
RE: Phantoms delivered this afternoon - by DSJ - 07-Mar-2015, 21:38
Phantoms delivered this afternoon - by mirekti - 08-Mar-2015, 18:09
RE: Phantoms delivered this afternoon - by Phs - 09-Mar-2015, 17:28
RE: Phantoms delivered this afternoon - by stonedragon - 14-Mar-2015, 17:25