Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Initial Questions from New D200 Owner...
(20-Mar-2015, 03:41)Damon Wrote: My D120 has certainly changed it's sound in the month that I've had it; the top end was a bit sharp at first, and it is certainly less so now. I notice it with each of three pairs of speakers that I play with. I suspect your D200 will also settle in with more hours. 

Just taking one part of the original post, I don't know why the Devialet remote deserves criticism for not having a display; I don't know of any remote that shows volume or other settings. Granted, on many other boxes the front panel display is large enough to show the volume in big, friendly, numbers. My now-former Naim UnitiQute did indeed have that feature.

I'm not saying that it is not a good idea, or that I wouldn't like it; I just think that the absence of a display is not a flaw unique to the Devialet. We had a Linn Classik in the family for a while and the remote is easily the worst I've ever seen; a billion buttons.... and no display. Exhibit A attached. I'll happily stick with the the big metal knob. 

Damon, thanks for the comfort on the "burn-in" ! I'll try to use the unit as much as possible for now and hope for the best... 

Regarding the remote, I think the main difference is that the Devialet display on the unit itself is not visible (unless you mount it vertically which is not possible for me); for other remotes that I have (without a screen), I am able to see what is going through lights and/or a visible display on the unit. In most respects I love the Devialet remote. But a display of some sort would definitely be nice although I expect to have fun with my new toy nevertheless.. 

Messages In This Thread
RE: Initial Questions from New D200 Owner... - by Clark - 20-Mar-2015, 09:48