Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Just Unboxed: Remote DOA, Other Newbie Qs
Hello all. I just unboxed my new 200. It's been a pretty disappointing and frustrating first 5 hours.

My remote's "down" (counterclockwise) encoder is DOA. I can feel the "bumps" when rotating up, but not when rotating down. So I can't increase anything (okay, I can get it to go maybe +3 in 1 out of 100 tries if I touch it just right); decreasing (clockwise) works great. I tried unpowering both just in case it was software; no change. Gotta be hardware?

So, sigh, I can't increase the volume once I decrease it. I did think to make an SD with a higher initial volume default (had to creep up on this workaround!). Then I touched the wheel while balance was selected. Very bad move! Now I cannot restore it to 0. Even a long unplug and factory config reset cannot overcome the memory of the balance setting. So, I'm dead in the water on opening night--and probably days until another remote can be procured.

Is there a way to force a full reset INCLUDING the balance?

I'd love to get the remote app for iOS going, but I need more info than came in the box. I don't think the app controls the balance anyway? Any link on to how to get the app to connect? I suspect Air has to be running on my PC to get the app to connect to the amp? Sigh, another several hours to make music...

Even before I bought the thing, I could see the app needs to show EVERYTHING the amp display shows, and do EVERYTHING the hardware remote can do. Unfortunately in the first minute of ownership, I discovered how absolutely critical that need truly is.

Is there a manual someone can link me? I see one on devialet.com/support for Phantom, but nothing for the amps.

Also, it does not seem right that with my 90dB-sensitivity-at-8ohm speakers, it looks like I'll need to run volume about -12dB?

I expected minor software glitches and lack of documentation from this bleeding edge product. But the additional lack of QC (or workarounds) on what turns out to be a critical piece of hardware adds up to a disappointing overall first impression, n'cest pas? It's a good thing it sounds so fantastic when it does work.

Messages In This Thread
Just Unboxed: Remote DOA, Other Newbie Qs - by davee - 22-Mar-2015, 07:47