Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any recommended speaker on the SAM list that sounds BIG?
Hi all,

I had purchased a pair of Harbeth C7 ES3 speakers right before I discovered the Devialet. I have since obtained a full D400 setup and things are sounding fantastic. However, it is my belief that with the D400, I should be able to replicate some of the "BIG BIG BIG" sound that I hear at audio shows and dealer rooms. While with the Harbeths it's all there - linear frequency response, accuracy, musicality, soundstage - the sound is limited to something like a 8 ft width and 3-4 ft height.

Is there something on the SAM list that meets the following criteria?

1. Big, tall sound
  2. Superb vocals
  3. Good/decent aesthetics
  4. If possible, no need for enormous amounts of space from rear wall
  5. <$10k used

Sorry for such an open ended question. I've read through a lot of posts here, and on other sites, but nobody seems to talk about the size of the image being portrayed, and on other sites, it's never mated with the Devialet SAM list.

For reference, my listening space is about 13 feet deep (let's assume this is the limiting factor, not the width or height of the room). The speakers are about 3 ft forward from the wall, and 8 ft away from the listener.

Thanks in advance!
Devialet 1000Pro CI + Sonus Faber Cremona Auditor M

Messages In This Thread
Any recommended speaker on the SAM list that sounds BIG? - by absolutk - 23-Mar-2015, 06:52