Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
JRiver
For digital playback i have successfully used a nearly headless mac mini>iTunes>remote app. The mac mini is installed in another room in the house and is connected via ethernet. I have an Apple Time Capsule in my music room connected via ethernet and stream over wireless to my D Premier.

The above has worked well and i have been happy.

But to have greater digital file playback capability i have installed JRiver on the mac mini.

My issues are:
- although JRemote iPad app has the "wake the mac mini" feature it doesn't. So to listen to music if first have to go back downstairs and across the house to the mac mini and open JRiver on the mac mini. This never happens with Apple Remote/iTunes. I can just open Remote and select the album i want to play. The mac mini does go into sleep mode (i used to leave it running permanently but after the hard drive crashed - thank God for Time Capsule - i have activated sleep function.

- the bigger issue on JRiver is that after having done the above once the album has played through and i want to select another album then i have the equivalent of "picture no sound". What i mean is that on AIR connection appears to go down. JRiver is playing the selected tune but on the amp display AIR is grey. Again using the Apple ecosystem this does not happen.

Any suggestions from those using JRiver in an Apple environment?

Thanks.

ps for logistical reasons i do not want the mac mini in music room[/size][/font]

Messages In This Thread
JRiver - by colonel66 - 19-Jun-2014, 05:49
RE: JRiver - by Jwg1749 - 19-Jun-2014, 11:10
RE: JRiver - by colonel66 - 19-Jun-2014, 11:19
RE: JRiver - by Borgen - 19-Jun-2014, 14:59
RE: JRiver - by colonel66 - 19-Jun-2014, 19:53
RE: JRiver - by colonel66 - 20-Jun-2014, 18:31
RE: JRiver - by colonel66 - 21-Jun-2014, 07:28
RE: JRiver - by Jwg1749 - 21-Jun-2014, 12:32