Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What to consider when shopping for a Turntable?
O wow, your not making it easy. I know someone who spend the better part of 2 years shopping for a turntable.

I think it depends how much you know or want to learn about turntables and setups and such. I really didn't (and still don't) want to concern myself with setting up the turntable, but I very much like the way a turntable and vinyl records sound like. After some research on the net and a visit to my audiodealer I bought a Clearaudio Concept MC. Very simple, no setup required and you can switch the RPM's with a knob. If you know how to set it up properly you might want to go for a Michell Gyro. If you want to spend an almost endless amount of cash upgrading a turntable you could buy a Linn LP12. If you first want to find out if you really like vinyl, buy something like a Rega RP1 or a Pro-Ject.
Devialet 200 <> Bowers & Wilkins 805 Diamond <> Aurender N100 <> Clearaudio Concept MC <> Audioquest Rocket 44/Coffee USB

The Netherlands

Messages In This Thread
RE: What to consider when shopping for a Turntable? - by Eddye - 12-Apr-2015, 07:58