Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ethernet streaming and occasional white noise on Windows
(10-Jul-2014, 19:28)Antoine Wrote: I'm using a direct, wired ethernet connection between the playback PC and the Devialet. The AIR buffer is set to 100ms, WASAPI bit-perfect enabled. The buffer settings of JRiver are kept at the default settings (100ms buffering and 6 seconds pre-buffering). I play from memory and removed the tick at 'do not play silence (leading and trailing)'. Volume mode is disabled and I use exclusive access WASAPI (event-style). Bitdepth is set to 'Automatic'. DSP Studio is disabled/no options in DSP Studio are enabled.

Maximum duration of a playback session has been at most three hours. I put my Devialet in power-standby after a listening session but the playback machine/PC (running AIR and JRiver) is 24/7 active.
Good, clear information. Thanks! One point, I am finding that I too can run without issues for about 3 hours. It is at maybe 3 to 4 hours that the problem first happens. Perhaps you would be kind enough to try a slightly longer session next time? The problem may be PC specific, something unexpected, who knows, but the more information we can get, the more chance of solving this one.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Ethernet streaming and occasional white noise on Windows - by Confused - 10-Jul-2014, 20:41
Chasing AIR's flaws - by Mohmm - 26-Apr-2015, 12:58