Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ethernet streaming and occasional white noise on Windows
(17-Apr-2015, 17:16)smokejumper Wrote: I have run a couple of tests on beta 4. Previously I got white noise after about 20 minutes with 24/192 files. On my tests so far, from a fresh reboot of my PC, I am getting about 2 hours, but after that I do get the white noise again. After one test, I just disconnected AIR and the reconnected it and then I got about an hour. It seems to be good progress, but not to have fixed it yet.

Well, given this generous run for 24/192, those of us preferring the 16/44 format may never experience the white noise may again Smile
Anyhow, if you follow the link in the email we got from Devialet, the page with the link to the new BETA version mentions the "Crash Trace" (or something to this effect) they would like to receive from us, if the problem happens agains. The chances are, they finally put some diagnostics logic into AIR, which I've been suggesting to them all along. If that is the case, we need to find out from them how to capture that trace, as it can provide important info to Devialet.

@Confused, I doubt the SQ can get worse, either. But if they indeed added some diagnostics, AIR's CPU consumption may potentially be higher.
JRiver MC20 --> Devialet 250 Expert Pro --> KEF Blades II

Messages In This Thread
RE: Ethernet streaming and occasional white noise on Windows - by AlexS - 17-Apr-2015, 20:28
Chasing AIR's flaws - by Mohmm - 26-Apr-2015, 12:58