Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ethernet streaming and occasional white noise on Windows
(24-Jul-2014, 12:44)pete86 Wrote: Sorry to hear that happened to you. It's been a fear of mine as well. How come you don't use usb instead? I haven't had any issues with usb.

Good question. My computer is in another room but I do have a 5 metre USB cable running under the house to connect with the Devialet. The trouble with that is that J River MC 19 will stop after 30 minutes to as much as 2 hours later. If I am running the convolver with the Acourate room correction filter it will stop even more often. I'll be trying JRiver with the already filtered music files stored on my NAS via USB soon. I'm so paranoid at the moment that I won't even try ethernet direct to the Devialet unless I connect older speakers.
I also suspect that ethernet sounds a little better, but I'll get a couple of friends in for a single blind trial to check my impression.
Roon Lifetime, HQPlayer with Acourate RC,Devialet 220 Pro,Synology NAS,AcourateNAS, MinimServer,Moon Mind 180 AES/EBU currently w. Canare Cable,W7 PC JRiver 20, AcouratePro, 15' Belkin USB. Linn LP12,Cetech,OL1,Denon 103R,VAF Signature i66 Mk.11,VAF Gravitas SW

Messages In This Thread
RE: Ethernet streaming and occasional white noise on Windows - by Riddo - 24-Jul-2014, 13:49
Chasing AIR's flaws - by Mohmm - 26-Apr-2015, 12:58