Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ethernet streaming and occasional white noise on Windows
I've ordered a network-tap that allows to capture all network traffic between Devialet and other devices. Once it is delivered, I'll try to analyse what is going on, both on the PC part and the network part.

I did do a network trace on the switch but of course one can only see the broadcast traffic. The Devialet is a cheeky bugger Smile Almost 600 broadcast in 30 seconds on port 45454: 50 % on the wifi interface and 50 % on the Ethernet interface. No problem for a home network, but the day someone connects a Devialet to a large corporate VLAN, they might be in for a surprise.

Suggestion to Devialet : why not ask for IP addresses of possible AIR-clients in the Configurator tool ? You can use broadcasting as the standard setup and unicasting as the advanced 'setup'. It is even a more secure . At least you need to have a configured IP-address before being able to eg. cycle the power or increase the output volume beyond repair.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Ethernet streaming and occasional white noise on Windows - by Georgethesixth - 29-Jul-2014, 15:37
Chasing AIR's flaws - by Mohmm - 26-Apr-2015, 12:58