Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ethernet streaming and occasional white noise on Windows
Hi Alex - to clarify, it would appear that we are not quite talking the same language. I was using the term jitter with it's traditional literal meaning, that is "To make small quick jumpy movements", rather than the modern electronic audio meaning per your posts above. My bad! Plus I should know better because I have recently been taking a bit of interest audio data clocking and related subjects.

The good news for me is that 2.1.4 beta1 appears to be working almost perfectly in my set up. Well almost, if perhaps not quite 100%. Near enough to be acceptable though. I will cirtainly give your power management and JRiver settings a go, easy enough to give a try, and 100% stability is now tantalising close for me, it might only take a couple of tweaks to get there. Thanks for the tips!

I have to say though, how a modern quad core CPU can ever be close the limit for audio data streaming does baffle me a bit, even if it is multitasking with anti virus software etc.

Messages In This Thread
Chasing AIR's flaws - by Mohmm - 26-Apr-2015, 12:58
RE: Ethernet streaming and occasional white noise on Windows - by Confused - 02-Jun-2015, 20:54