Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ethernet streaming and occasional white noise on Windows
(10-Jul-2014, 22:25)Confused Wrote: @Antoine - Understood! I too have the occasional "serious" listening session, but no, I couldn't do it over 3 hours! However, if you could run a 4 hours "background music" session without problems, this would provide useful information. Your feedback would be much appreciated.

Also, I am intrigued by your use of the memory playback option. I can see the logic in using this, and will certainly be giving this a try at the weekend. Thanks for the tip!

I was also thinking of trying Foobar2000, but almost everyone on this forum appears to be running Jriver, and happy with it I'm wondering if trying Foobar would be just be a waste of time?

Sorry it took so long (the post above is on page 2 of this topic! Big Grin), but today I have been able to test AIR over ethernet (direct connection PC->Devialet) using JRiver MC 19 on Windows 8.1 Pro again, over a much longer duration. I have been playing music for over 5 hours now and no white noise or other issues, everything is still playing perfectly fine while I type this.

During the first two to three hours I've played files of different bit rates/sample freqs, single songs and full albums and paused plus seeked in songs so I haven't been "careful".

I have no idea where the fault lies in your setups if your PC's and networks are otherwise stable. Did one of you that experience the issue and use Windows reinstall Windows again so in effect start fresh? I know the old AIR installations didn't remove the drivers during an uninstall or upgrade so these could maybe interfere.

Forgot to add: WiFi in the 250 is turned off as is DHCP.
PS Audio P3, Shunyata ΞTRON Alpha Digital and HC/Furutech power cables, Paul Hynes SR7EHD-MR4, DIY Roon Server & Roon Endpoint running AudioLinux Headless, Phasure Lush^2 USB cable, Audioquest Diamond RJ/E ethernet, Uptone Audio etherREGEN, Mutec MC-3+ USB, Shunyata ΞTRON Anaconda Digital XLR AES/EBU, Devialet Expert 250 Pro CI, Nordost Tyr Reference LS cables, Von Schweikert VR-5 SE Anniversary Edition, Anti-Mode Dual Core 2.0, JL Audio Fathom F112. More detail here.

The Netherlands

Messages In This Thread
RE: Ethernet streaming and occasional white noise on Windows - by Antoine - 31-Jul-2014, 18:14
Chasing AIR's flaws - by Mohmm - 26-Apr-2015, 12:58