Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ethernet streaming and occasional white noise on Windows
(31-Jul-2014, 18:29)Confused Wrote:
(31-Jul-2014, 18:14)Antoine Wrote: I know the old AIR installations didn't remove the drivers during an uninstall or upgrade so these could maybe interfere.

An interesting idea and easy enough to try. I'll manually delete everything and reinstall AIR. Who knows?

I'd like to try that myself. Are all the .dll files under the DevialetAIR folder? I guess we'll also need to delete all the related registry keys.
Antoine, you basically tried what we'd considered a sure recipe for the white noise: a long listening sessions with pausing tracks. The one remaining question I have is: did you pause tracks for a long time? It may sound like a silly question, but I recall that I once got the white noise after pausing the track for several minutes (not immeidately after that, but after a while). Another potential theory is stand-by time, when both Devialet and AIR are on and connected, but no music is playing. (I know this may not sound plausible).
JRiver MC20 --> Devialet 250 Expert Pro --> KEF Blades II

Messages In This Thread
RE: Ethernet streaming and occasional white noise on Windows - by AlexS - 31-Jul-2014, 22:09
Chasing AIR's flaws - by Mohmm - 26-Apr-2015, 12:58