Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ethernet streaming and occasional white noise on Windows
@AlexS, tegarding the pausing of tracks I did, the pauses were short, <1 minute.
@Confused, yes, you're right about the direct connection; one single cable between playback PC and Devialet. No routers/switches.

What I have not mentioned yet is that I 'tuned' the Windows 8.1 playback machine as much as I could. I however did not record all the changes I made and there have been a lot. There's a minimum of active processes and drivers active. I've disabled or removed everything I don't need in Windows and the BIOS and disabled most of the power saving features of devices except for C1/C3 CPU power states to keep the heat down (my case is a passive cooled case).

Most of the things I did can be found here: http://www.computeraudiodesign.com/computer-setup/ and here: http://www.tirnahifi.org/forum/viewtopic...=15&t=2456 Although I didn't blindly follow all their ideas or simply run the scripts. I made a selection to suit my needs.

It may be that if your machines are 100% stable one of those changes "did the trick" here in my situation but I would in no way imply that they should be necessary. Devialet of course has to create a solution that works on a vast range of machines, out of the box and "untuned".
PS Audio P3, Shunyata ΞTRON Alpha Digital and HC/Furutech power cables, Paul Hynes SR7EHD-MR4, DIY Roon Server & Roon Endpoint running AudioLinux Headless, Phasure Lush^2 USB cable, Audioquest Diamond RJ/E ethernet, Uptone Audio etherREGEN, Mutec MC-3+ USB, Shunyata ΞTRON Anaconda Digital XLR AES/EBU, Devialet Expert 250 Pro CI, Nordost Tyr Reference LS cables, Von Schweikert VR-5 SE Anniversary Edition, Anti-Mode Dual Core 2.0, JL Audio Fathom F112. More detail here.

The Netherlands

Messages In This Thread
RE: Ethernet streaming and occasional white noise on Windows - by Antoine - 01-Aug-2014, 12:49
Chasing AIR's flaws - by Mohmm - 26-Apr-2015, 12:58