Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ethernet streaming and occasional white noise on Windows
(22-Apr-2016, 14:11)Dr Tone Wrote: I will never be 100% confident enough in Air in it's current state to turn up the volume and enjoy the music.  The smaller subset of well mastered music I've extracted from my large main collection is close to 50% high bitrate.

Apart from AIR simply being broken, that 'enjoying the music' aspect was a big issue for me too.

I listen to a lot of electronic genres, and there's a fair amount of vinyl dust and similar 'noises' used in the mix. But the onset of the AIR problem sounds kind of similar so I was always on edge wondering if it was the music or AIR. Sometimes it was the music, sometimes AIR, sometimes both. It drove me a bit mad at times, and that was all I focussed on 'do I need to reset AIR'. Argh.

What worried me most was leaving music playing while I was out of the room, or even out of the house, only to come back and find it out of control.

And if I'm honest, I was also really embarrassed when anyone came round, to the point I wouldn't want to play it as I couldn't bare having to explain why this shiny beautiful £5000 amp was making weird noises…… Oh, the fond memories…..

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

Messages In This Thread
Chasing AIR's flaws - by Mohmm - 26-Apr-2015, 12:58
RE: Ethernet streaming and occasional white noise on Windows - by Hifi_swlon - 22-Apr-2016, 14:26