Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ethernet streaming and occasional white noise on Windows
(22-Apr-2016, 14:26)Hifi_swlon Wrote:
(22-Apr-2016, 14:11)Dr Tone Wrote: I will never be 100% confident enough in Air in it's current state to turn up the volume and enjoy the music.  The smaller subset of well mastered music I've extracted from my large main collection is close to 50% high bitrate.

I listen to a lot of electronic genres, and there's a fair amount of vinyl dust and  similar 'noises' used in the mix.  But the onset of the AIR problem sounds kind of similar so I was always on edge wondering if it was the music or AIR.  Sometimes it was the music, sometimes AIR, sometimes both.  It drove me a bit mad at times, and that was all I focussed on 'do I need to reset AIR'. Argh.

White noise was never over the music for me, it was music or just a complete blast of white noise that would send you running across the room.

PS) I felt your embarrassing comment needed to be more public on twitter: https://twitter.com/OriginalDrTone/statu...3313146882
Roon->HQPlayer->McIntosh C47->McIntosh MC301s>Transparent Super->Wilson Audio Sabrinas w/ Shunyata Denali, Rega RP8, Rega Apheta 2

Messages In This Thread
Chasing AIR's flaws - by Mohmm - 26-Apr-2015, 12:58
RE: Ethernet streaming and occasional white noise on Windows - by Dr Tone - 22-Apr-2016, 14:39