Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ethernet streaming and occasional white noise on Windows
(26-Apr-2016, 23:11)Hifi_swlon Wrote:
(26-Apr-2016, 14:53)Dr Tone Wrote:
(26-Apr-2016, 13:25)Pecarosh Wrote: AFAIK this is a step up....now they are "feverishly" trying to reach a solution, last year when I opened a ticket about white noise and dropouts problem, they were only "dedicated"  Big Grin
Well...maybe we can help them...some nice TLA for this problem for sure will help, let's all agree on WNP (white noise problem). Now they can -start finding a solution- (SFS) for WNP. Even better sounds: SFS for WNP  Tongue

Next year it will be Frantically.
The following year it will be Desperately.

Well, assuming they're not lying to us (OK, OK, try and keep it together Wink) they're 'on the verge' of releasing the fruits of two years worth of 'feverishly dedicated' labour culminating in 'AIR3'.

If 'AIR3' doesn't work, there's pretty much no point worrying about next year or the year after....  at that point - if we didn't know already - we could safely conclude my thirteen year old cat would have a better chance of writing a functional Mac/Windows audio transport. They'll probably have an opening too...

Out of interest has anyone here been asked to beta test this new miracle? Do they even have beta testers?
I believe one or two of us on this forum have done a spot of beta testing.  Although this was more like alpha testing really, basically trying revised versions of AIR, and reporting back how exactly it failed and switched to white noise, then providing screen shots of the various Windows activities etc.  This culminated in the current beta 4, but I am not aware of any beta testing (or anything else happening) over the last year.
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12

Messages In This Thread
Chasing AIR's flaws - by Mohmm - 26-Apr-2015, 12:58
RE: Ethernet streaming and occasional white noise on Windows - by Confused - 27-Apr-2016, 19:31