Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ethernet streaming and occasional white noise on Windows
Wow, I must be the luckiest Devialet owner using AIR (ethernet). Never heard the white noise and it's my primary source. Smile

I remember reading someone using Windows Server 2012 with AO also has this white noise issue and I was thinking; did the Windows users here try fix the issue by disabling the power saving options for the network interface? At least for this other AO user this could be the only difference (besides the hardware used) between my and his setup.

Perhaps I and someone who experiences the white noise issue should open the Devialet and see what type of AIR card is installed. If I remember correctly the card or components on it changed over time and I have a very early version of the AIR card if it wasn't exchanged for a new one during the upgrade from D-Premier -> D250.
PS Audio P3, Shunyata ΞTRON Alpha Digital and HC/Furutech power cables, Paul Hynes SR7EHD-MR4, DIY Roon Server & Roon Endpoint running AudioLinux Headless, Phasure Lush^2 USB cable, Audioquest Diamond RJ/E ethernet, Uptone Audio etherREGEN, Mutec MC-3+ USB, Shunyata ΞTRON Anaconda Digital XLR AES/EBU, Devialet Expert 250 Pro CI, Nordost Tyr Reference LS cables, Von Schweikert VR-5 SE Anniversary Edition, Anti-Mode Dual Core 2.0, JL Audio Fathom F112. More detail here.

The Netherlands

Messages In This Thread
RE: Ethernet streaming and occasional white noise on Windows - by Antoine - 01-Oct-2014, 16:28
Chasing AIR's flaws - by Mohmm - 26-Apr-2015, 12:58