Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ethernet streaming and occasional white noise on Windows
(01-Oct-2014, 20:44)Confused Wrote: That's not lazy, it's efficient! Cool Good work, thanks. I'll give this a try at the weekend, now with my system, given sufficient time, I can get the white noise very consistently. So if it works for me, then you are definitely on to something. I'm not overly optimistic to be honest, but I'll definitely give it a try and report back.

I have Windows 2012R2 installed on a Intel NUC. Noise is unfortunately present even with power management of the NIC disabled. NIC is 82579LM. As this is a server OS there are more than 32 settings in the NIC config. I've disabled all that relates to 'Offloading', but there are many other settings I could try. As Confused says I am not too optimistic.
If I look under the cover of my 250 I will definitely report which wifi card it has.
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB

Messages In This Thread
RE: Ethernet streaming and occasional white noise on Windows - by ogs - 01-Oct-2014, 21:20
Chasing AIR's flaws - by Mohmm - 26-Apr-2015, 12:58