Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ethernet streaming and occasional white noise on Windows
Sigh...I was just looking for differences between my setup and those of the people that experience the white noise. The AIR software isn't a difference, it's the only constant.

Also I've never experienced the white noise, not while using a direct connection, not using WiFi or when connected through a switch. (I've used all three extensively)

Some time ago I've read that to use AIR ethernet you have to have the WiFi card installed. I'm not sure if it's actually used actively/in the signal path when using ethernet.

Good luck in the further troubleshooting process. I'm out.
PS Audio P3, Shunyata ΞTRON Alpha Digital and HC/Furutech power cables, Paul Hynes SR7EHD-MR4, DIY Roon Server & Roon Endpoint running AudioLinux Headless, Phasure Lush^2 USB cable, Audioquest Diamond RJ/E ethernet, Uptone Audio etherREGEN, Mutec MC-3+ USB, Shunyata ΞTRON Anaconda Digital XLR AES/EBU, Devialet Expert 250 Pro CI, Nordost Tyr Reference LS cables, Von Schweikert VR-5 SE Anniversary Edition, Anti-Mode Dual Core 2.0, JL Audio Fathom F112. More detail here.

The Netherlands

Messages In This Thread
RE: Ethernet streaming and occasional white noise on Windows - by Antoine - 07-Oct-2014, 19:06
Chasing AIR's flaws - by Mohmm - 26-Apr-2015, 12:58