Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ethernet streaming and occasional white noise on Windows
(13-Oct-2014, 13:09)PhilP Wrote:
(13-Oct-2014, 12:40)ogs Wrote:
(13-Oct-2014, 11:37)PhilP Wrote: So a clock sync problem? Maybe there's a bug in WASAPI. It wouldn't really be a surprise. I seem to remember there was a problem with USB DACs stuttering a couple of years ago which I think was traced to a WASAPI bug.

I only have the white noise problem with the AIR driver and WASAPI, not when using WASAPI with USB. Even if there is a bug in WASAPI, Devialet should try to create a workaround in the AIR code and avoid saying "not our problem - it's WASAPI's fault". While they wait for Microsoft to fix WASAPI their users get all the trouble. Isn't the noise problem present on Mac OS too? If so, WASAPI is not the problem.

I certainly don't have any problems with OS X streaming using AIR via wi-fi or ethernet even after streaming for several hours.
Thanks. Very interesting. If the noise problem is not present on OS X Devialet should definitely state this on their web site and inform us on what they have found.
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB

Messages In This Thread
RE: Ethernet streaming and occasional white noise on Windows - by ogs - 13-Oct-2014, 13:25
Chasing AIR's flaws - by Mohmm - 26-Apr-2015, 12:58