Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ethernet streaming and occasional white noise on Windows
(13-Oct-2014, 13:25)ogs Wrote:
(13-Oct-2014, 13:09)PhilP Wrote:
(13-Oct-2014, 12:40)ogs Wrote:
(13-Oct-2014, 11:37)PhilP Wrote: So a clock sync problem? Maybe there's a bug in WASAPI. It wouldn't really be a surprise. I seem to remember there was a problem with USB DACs stuttering a couple of years ago which I think was traced to a WASAPI bug.

I only have the white noise problem with the AIR driver and WASAPI, not when using WASAPI with USB. Even if there is a bug in WASAPI, Devialet should try to create a workaround in the AIR code and avoid saying "not our problem - it's WASAPI's fault". While they wait for Microsoft to fix WASAPI their users get all the trouble. Isn't the noise problem present on Mac OS too? If so, WASAPI is not the problem.

I certainly don't have any problems with OS X streaming using AIR via wi-fi or ethernet even after streaming for several hours.
Thanks. Very interesting. If the noise problem is not present on OS X Devialet should definitely state this on their web site and inform us on what they have found.

Hello,
I agree with you. I have discovered the white noise problem as I was trying AIR, I had never heard of this problem before and the discovery was very unpleasant Angry because the music was played loud. I would have liked to be warned by Devialet as this problem has been known for several months Exclamation
Best regards,
Sylvain
Devialet 800, Focal Utopia Diva (SAM), Roon 1.3 (build 242, Devialet Air in Roon) + Audio PC (customized Windows 10) + Android app
France

Messages In This Thread
RE: Ethernet streaming and occasional white noise on Windows - by Sylvain27 - 13-Oct-2014, 19:30
Chasing AIR's flaws - by Mohmm - 26-Apr-2015, 12:58