Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ethernet streaming and occasional white noise on Windows
(14-Oct-2014, 16:15)AlexS Wrote:
(12-Oct-2014, 22:11)Confused Wrote: I asked Thierry about this at the Guilford Audio event today. He confirmed that Devialet continue to work on a solution, although he did make the point about the shear variety of computer configurations that exist, particularly with PC's. He seemed to suggest that the issue with WASAPI streaming very gradually going out of sync. To be honest, I'm not 100% sure what this actually means or implies!

I think Thierry is contradicting himself here: if the issue is inherent with WASAPI (gradually going out of sync), it should have little to do with computer configurations.
Also, this would only explain the problems observed with long listening sessions. How about putting Windows to sleep without quiting the player/AIR? We know this also causes issues. And what about changing AIR's settings and not restarting it. I think we also observed that this is likely to cause the white noise.

Perhaps AIR was developed to run with OSX/iTunes and Windows was an after-thought...
IMac macOS 10.15.3 (no link to Devialet Sad ) / MacBook Pro Retina OS X 10.14.4 / Linn LP12 / Devialet 200 Wilson Benesch Discovery. 
Qobuz Desktop Latest Version / Audirvana 3.2.18 / Audirvana Remote / iTunes 12.9 / AIR 3.0.4 / Wi-Fi / FW 8.1.0 / SAM 50%
Cambridge, UK (Updated 27th February, 2020)

Messages In This Thread
RE: Ethernet streaming and occasional white noise on Windows - by PhilP - 14-Oct-2014, 19:32
Chasing AIR's flaws - by Mohmm - 26-Apr-2015, 12:58