Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ethernet streaming and occasional white noise on Windows
I am also getting very occasional drop-outs playing 16/44 material via AIR on my Mac. The Mac is wireless to my router, but the Dev is wired. Sometimes AIR just stops (the menu bar icon goes grey) but can be reconnected immediately and continues to work. Sometimes there's a very short "stutter" in play-back.

This is not the same problem I used to have where AIR would disconnect and would not reliably re-connect. That seemed to be a feature of the wireless interface on my old MacBook Pro as it was cured by using an external wireless adapter. But I'm now running a different version of AIR (2.1.3 vs 2.1.1) on new hardware (a brand new 15.4" MBP - not through choice, though it's very nice, but because my old machine finally lost the battle against the GPU un-soldering itself due to over-heating) and a new version of OS X (Yosemite vs Mountain Lion).

I have a feeling that the drop-outs I'm hearing now are unique to AIR 2.1.3/Mac/Yosemite, as other people have reported similar behaviour. I see the same console output about buffer clipping (IIRC) as reported elsewhere.

I haven't ever heard white noise, and long may that remain so!
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK

Messages In This Thread
RE: Ethernet streaming and occasional white noise on Windows - by thumb5 - 03-Jan-2015, 11:55
Chasing AIR's flaws - by Mohmm - 26-Apr-2015, 12:58