Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ethernet streaming and occasional white noise on Windows
(04-Jan-2015, 15:45)GuillaumeB Wrote:
(04-Jan-2015, 12:15)Confused Wrote:
(04-Jan-2015, 09:11)Mohmm Wrote:
(03-Jan-2015, 20:32)IanG-UK Wrote: Yes Mac plus iTunes plus AIR wifi or AIR ethernet reliably gives continuous white noise after as little as 15 minutes and as much as 4 hours.

Sorry, but that may be true in your setup, but it's not true as a general problem. See my longer statement at

http://devialetchat.com/Thread-Auralic-A...70#pid8070

Is there anything you want to achieve with your exaggerated and wrong claims besides ranting?
Surely the whole point of this thread is to provide a place where people can advise the issues they are having with AIR. From this information, some patterns of behaviour may emerge which may assist individual users or indeed Devialet themselves to provide robust solutions. If you have a set up that works, then it is indeed helpful to advise details, after all, a working set up is what we are all after. However, because AIR works for you, this does not mean it does not have problems that affect other set ups. People should feel free to post issues here without fear of being accused of "ranting". In fact, if an individual has spent a substantial amount of cash on a system and one of it's prime technologies "AIR" does not work correctly for months and months on end, then an opportunity for a good rant is probably just what is needed.

I'm with Confused on this one. @Mohmm given that you are experiencing no problems at all perhaps you could assist IanG-UK in a cheerful and constructive manner? Smile

Guillaume

Fine, of course everybody can describe his or her problem as he or she pleases. This implies, when seeking a solution, that the problem is clearly stated as the person's and not as a general problem. It is this generalizing attitude or generalizing language that I criticize.

It is very likely that the noise problem on IanG's Mac has to do with some installation or setup glitch that is "local". Whenever I experience such an annoying problem with my computer for longer than a few weeks I reinstall the OS and most often it disappears.

Besides, here: http://devialetchat.com/Thread-Auralic-A...70#pid8070 I try to be more explicit and constructive.

I just noticed that I forgot to mention that I have the ethernet cable going to the D hooked up with a dedicated IP and not to a switch or router. However, even with DHCP it worked flawlessly.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Ethernet streaming and occasional white noise on Windows - by Mohmm - 04-Jan-2015, 17:28
Chasing AIR's flaws - by Mohmm - 26-Apr-2015, 12:58