Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ethernet streaming and occasional white noise on Windows
So the problem with these symptoms seems to occur on both Windows and Mac, though there seem to be more reports of it from Windows (& yes, I know this thread is about Windows!). Could this be simply because there are more Windows users reporting the problem here or is it because you're more likely to see the issue with Windows?

Confused definitely has the problem with the beta AIR with screensaver enabled, but it looks much better, if not fixed, with screensaver disabled. This is great as it's a cast iron case where we have evidence that it can be caused by a screensaver. Of course it seems screensavers might not be the only program/cause that produces the problem but it's a start at least.

This is with a simple screen-blanking screensaver right? It can be confusing because the there might be a cpu-hogging screensaver running in the background but not being seen due to the power options just turning the display off. Or it might be simply the display being powered off - no screensaver.

I have no screensaver set, but display turns off after 15 minutes (high performance power settings with a few customizations). I do however suffer dropouts, but no white noise so it's possible my issue is related, but not identical. I can't tie in these dropouts with the display turning off - I might try this today. I notice I have USB set to selectively suspend which could be another possible culprit.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Ethernet streaming and occasional white noise on Windows - by Rufus McDufus - 05-Jan-2015, 09:17
Chasing AIR's flaws - by Mohmm - 26-Apr-2015, 12:58