Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ethernet streaming and occasional white noise on Windows
(11-Feb-2015, 14:16)thumb5 Wrote:
(11-Feb-2015, 12:47)IanG-UK Wrote: Yes - I am taking delivery tomorrow of a loan USB kindly facilitated by Absolute Sounds - but as my MacBook is 20ft from my Devialet I needed a USB that works beyond the normally specified maximum 15ft length which is, seemingly, a Transparent product.

Ian, assuming USB works -- and there's no reason to suppose it won't -- where would that leave you?   Would you then use USB permanently instead of AIR, or is it mainly an experiment to demonstrate that the problem is caused by AIR rather than something else?

Hi - well it is just to get me some music as my Macbook Pro is my sole source really - I had all my CDs ripped and packed them away along with my CD transport. 

But with Devialet perpetually saying that "the best cable is no cable" and that AIR is the best source possible, they have an obligation to fix AIR after what is at least 5 months now; and indeed one of the Devialet founders has given me a personal assurance that they will do it.

It will also be interesting to see what the Dialog unit delivers as I am told by Absolute Sounds (the UK importer) that AIR will be a feature of the new kit, with AIR essentially embedded within the Dialog rather than in the MacBook Pro (or whatever). All technically beyond me so I will wait and see ...
Innuos Statement 2TB SSD with Next-Gen PSU (with Roon lifetime)
MacBook Pro (with Air)
Draytek Vigor 2860v-Plus/Devialet Original d'Atelier CI Nos. 54A&B/Magico M3 pair
Shunyata cables (digital/interconnect/loudspeaker/power)/Shunyata power units (Triton/Typhon)

Dialog/Phantom Gold/Tree pair
Missing Link cables (power)
England

Messages In This Thread
RE: Ethernet streaming and occasional white noise on Windows - by IanG-UK - 11-Feb-2015, 15:03
Chasing AIR's flaws - by Mohmm - 26-Apr-2015, 12:58