Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Phantom Spark/Firmware Bugs (v1.1.1+)
I think it's important when we talk about Phantoms to identify what network devices we're using. That could make a significant difference especially where sound breakup is concerned.

I'm running two phantoms (1.1.1) connected by wifi to a dialog (1.1.1). The dialog is connected to an ASUS RT-AC86 which is also connected to Apple TV and a set top box. My RT-AC86 is connected with Aztech Homeplugs 1200mbps AV2 to my main pc. My AIFF files are stored on my main PC which runs spark.

One phantom is connected by an optical cable to an Apple Airport express. That express is connected to my ASUS.

Spark (new version refreshes very quickly indeed) on my ipad is then used to browse and play the AIFF files from my PC. I have no sound dropouts at all. The Phantoms play fine.

When I use Tidal on my ipad and use airplay to send the music to the airport express, the Phantoms play fine, but I have frequent sound dropouts...say 3 times per track.

When I use spotify ('highest' quality) on my ipad to play tracks I have almost no sound dropouts, but they do happen. Maybe once every 3 tracks?

When I use Deezer direct from Dialog it works fine with no sound dropouts (doesn't sound very good compared with spotify).

I haven't experimented with Tidal playing and someone streaming HD content via wifi on my home network. I think Spark is getting a bit too much abuse for something that works well on all the music I want to listen to. I wonder if Devialet hasn't had the opportunity to test it in numerous network scenarios.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Phantom Spark/Firmware Bugs (v1.1.1+) - by brighty - 27-Apr-2015, 02:59