Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Phantom Spark/Firmware Bugs (v1.1.1+)
(14-May-2015, 16:06)JohnnySix Wrote: The question then is whether those red items would show at all, if Spark had been updated or re-installed and then Internet connection lost.

Okay, I did the set up again and everything is back to normal after a scary upgrade process.

A couple of observations:

1. If Devialet want this product to reach a 'mass' audiophile audience they have to make the setup process far easier. There were moments that I thought my Phantoms had been 'bricked' (ie dying on upgrade process). The upgrade just hung on my iPad, but I had an android phone at hand and was able to continue the process. Even then things were far from ideal. For about 10 mins, only one Phantom wanted to play and the other remained stubbornly 'dead', but then came back to life. Simply not good enough.  Sad

2. Having said all of the above, do they sound better/different with the upgrade? To me they appear 'louder' with the volume control dialed in at the same level I used to use before. Also things seem to be much more stable as well. I can move from the PS3, to my Meridian to streaming without having to reboot, or turn things off and on.

3. They are still an amazing bit of kit. Wink  

4. I've sold off all my old stuff (B&W 803's, power amps etc) and I have no regrets in terms of sound and convenience. I really do think the writing is on the wall for traditional HiFi rigs - if all you want is a quality sound from a simple as possible setup. If I were a traditional hifi manufacturer I would be really scared about my future - well that is IF Devialet finally sort out the software!!!

Quick question - do you turn off your speakers and Dialog when your are done?

Messages In This Thread
RE: Phantom Spark/Firmware Bugs (v1.1.1+) - by stonedragon - 15-May-2015, 08:45