Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
250 to 800?
starting this thread again here as earlier put it under reviews and was rightly asked a question on why post in reviews..

first question is is 250 same as 400?
second if they don't sell 250 then how one can buy 250 again to change to 800?
Devialet has these options;
400 (200 plus companion, that turns your amps into a dual mono system)
800 (250 plus companion, that turns your amps into a dual mono system)

So if you were to buy a 200 or a 250 you can upgrade if you want or get the companion straight away and go 400 or 800

The numbers correspond with the power output into a 6 Ohm load.
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
Pim -- I think the OP's concern is that Devialet's web site no longer shows the 250 as an option.

singhalrajk -- Best bet is to talk to your dealer, I'd say. I expect you can still get a 250 to act as a companion to your existing one.
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK
ive just had a look through my price list and you absolutely can buy a dev 250 as a slave or a master to make a dual mono configuration if you want. its also CONSIDERABLY cheaper to buy the slave.
Amp - Devialet 400 Speakers - vivid audio B1 Speaker cable - audioquest oak Power conditioner - furman SPR 16IE Source - audio PC with paul pang audio usb card v3 and paul pang red dual usb cable running through jplay. usb card powered by teddy pardo power supply Source 2 - line in from integra AV receiver (TV)
thanks guys... I am currently using vivid audio Giya3 speakers...will 800 do justice with them or 250 is just fine?
they are rated at exactly 800w RMS so if you can afford it - buy the second and bump it up to 800.

guarantee it blows you away.
Amp - Devialet 400 Speakers - vivid audio B1 Speaker cable - audioquest oak Power conditioner - furman SPR 16IE Source - audio PC with paul pang audio usb card v3 and paul pang red dual usb cable running through jplay. usb card powered by teddy pardo power supply Source 2 - line in from integra AV receiver (TV)
I am thinking about upgrading my D250 to D800, too.
Currently I have a companion unit at home for testing.
I did not have the chance for extensive listening sessions until now, but my first impression is, that the sound of the double mono configuration is a bit more firm at low frequencies and more transparent even at lower volumes than the sound of the D250. For me even the three-dimensional presentation seems to be improved.
This is on my Gauder Cassiano D speakers (3,4 Ohm impedance minimum).

Anybody here who made similar comparisons? What are your impressions?

Christian
Mac Mini - HQPlayer 4 - USB - D1000 - Gauder Akustik Cassiano
Isolated cables made from conductive material
OK, over the long weekend I had some time to listen to the D800 demo system and do some switching between D250 and D800.

There is definitely more detail in the sound of the D800. The separation between the instruments is better, which plays a role for me especially when listenening to classical music. String bowed instruments sound even more real and natural compared to the D250. Everything is a bit finer/smoother and provides yet more detail.
Differences are clearly audible for pop music, too, but if I listen to pop music they are not that relevant to me.

So now I have to decide, if I want to spend the money and go for the additional companion.
Not easy.... Confused

/Christian
Mac Mini - HQPlayer 4 - USB - D1000 - Gauder Akustik Cassiano
Isolated cables made from conductive material
@Christian: What about testing D400? Could be nearly same SQ with new warranty and by selling 250 the cheaper one

Sent by iPad
(19-May-2015, 15:40)singhalrajk Wrote: thanks guys... I am currently using vivid audio Giya3 speakers...will 800 do justice with them or 250 is just fine?

Vivids are a relatively easy drive. A 250 is a more than adequate. 

I have Vivid G1s. A friend also has a G1s and a  D Premier -read 250 - it drives the speakers with ease

I still think the sweet spot in the Devialet range is the 400. Not sure what th price diff is btw a 250 vs 400