Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Devialet vs or with Chord Hugo...
(04-Jul-2014, 21:47)PhilP Wrote:
(04-Jul-2014, 16:31)Jwg1749 Wrote: Common sense suggests you have a choice: Devialet or Hugo.

I think the really interesting thing about the Devialet isn't the DAC; it's the amplification.

Good luck!

Matt

Hugo v Devialet was the choice I had to make. Whether to add a Hugo to my Naim system increasing it to 7! boxes + interconnects + speakers + Fraim etc or whether to go for a single box Devialet which in many ways IMHO sounded better. Obviously with a Devialet one is relying on the manufacturer to continue providing upgrades -but they have a pretty good record for doing that so far.

Actually, the least interesting thing about Devialet owning are the "upgrades" IMHO...
The D-Premier actually had everything I needed built in, since my speakers may well never have the SAM treatment.
There is absolutely nothing I personally need that is not already in V6 firmware.
This is obviously a personal thing but as a reasonably long term Devialet owner who was pretty well totally content when a mature (i.e. working consistently) version of Air became available Smile
Devialet Original d'Atelier 44 Core, Job Pre/225, Goldmund PH2, Goldmund Reference/T3f /Ortofon A90, Goldmund Mimesis 36+ & Chord Blu, iMac/Air, Lynx Theta, Tune Audio Anima, Goldmund Epilog 1&2, REL Studio. Dialog, Silver Phantoms, Branch stands, copper cables (mainly).
Oxfordshire

Messages In This Thread
RE: Devialet vs or with Chord Hugo... - by f1eng - 07-Jul-2014, 15:55
RE: Devialet vs or with Chord Hugo... - by jjo - 17-Jul-2014, 12:18