Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Devialet vs or with Chord Hugo...
(08-Oct-2014, 04:28)chrish Wrote: Yeah, I thought about that but I guess the Devialet will just resample the analog output back to digital again (but at a lower sample rate) and lengthen the signal path. Might be an interesting experiment though. I'll let you know how it sounds.

Gonna be very interested to hear what the Devialet sounds like when I finally get my turntable setup. Digitizing the input from a phono cartridge sounds strange to my old fashioned hifi sensibilities, but I've heard rave reviews so I'm excited to give it a try. Guess even Linn is doing this these days with their Exact systems.

One of the great things about Devialets is that they really are very transparent and preserve the character of the source. This applies both to digital and analogue sources e.g. see f1eng's post earlier in this thread. I use an LP12 with my 200 and find that the coloured but really rather nice sound of the turntable is perfectly preserved Smile I'm sure you wont be disappointed when you finally get to hear your Avid.
IMac macOS 10.15.3 (no link to Devialet Sad ) / MacBook Pro Retina OS X 10.14.4 / Linn LP12 / Devialet 200 Wilson Benesch Discovery. 
Qobuz Desktop Latest Version / Audirvana 3.2.18 / Audirvana Remote / iTunes 12.9 / AIR 3.0.4 / Wi-Fi / FW 8.1.0 / SAM 50%
Cambridge, UK (Updated 27th February, 2020)

Messages In This Thread
RE: Devialet vs or with Chord Hugo... - by jjo - 17-Jul-2014, 12:18
RE: Devialet vs or with Chord Hugo... - by PhilP - 08-Oct-2014, 09:12