Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Devialet vs or with Chord Hugo...
(09-Oct-2014, 13:06)chrish Wrote:
(08-Oct-2014, 09:46)GuillaumeB Wrote:
(08-Oct-2014, 09:12)PhilP Wrote: One of the great things about Devialets is that they really are very transparent and preserve the character of the source.

+1

I used to run a Klimax DS through the analogue inputs of my Devialet. Sounded great and I preferred it to the sound of the Devialet DAC on its own.

Then I started experimenting with tweaks and got my Devialet sounding even better without the KDS. I therefore sold it raising funds to pay for even more tweaks! Tongue

Guillaume

Hope Devialet do the summer price reduction on the slave 250 unit again at some point. Missed the event this Summer. Think I will upgrade to the Devialet 800 at some point, even though I don't really need that sort of power. Like the mono bloc idea. Does the sample rate get increased to 384KHz like it says on the their website?

Chrish,

I have in vain tried to get an explanation from Devialet. The only answer I got was that I should ignore that info as this is not true. HOWEVER it is still there since the news came out about the 400 and 800.

I've given up writing to Devialet as I most of times get avoiding nonsense answers. It was better in the past so I guess something changed in Devialets strategy and their hybris is worse than ever.
Saying this I still think that the their units are among the best gear out there.

/Mike
Ex D400 Now Aavik U-300/Feickert Woodpecker2-Kuzma 4P-Kondo silver-Benz LPS-Teddy Pardo PSU/Naim Unitiserve-Teddy Pardo PSU/SF Guarneri Homage/Whole system decoupled by Ansuz DTC/Cables from Ansuz, DYI and other commercial/Dedicated mains and spur-Lampizator SILK

Messages In This Thread
RE: Devialet vs or with Chord Hugo... - by jjo - 17-Jul-2014, 12:18
RE: Devialet vs or with Chord Hugo... - by Mikeeo - 09-Oct-2014, 16:50