Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Right channel balance has to be bumped 16-20%
Today or tomorrow I find out if Devialet will require me to send my 200 back for repair or if they'll simply send me a replacement unit and a call tag for the malfunctioning unit. As I mentioned at the beginning of this thread my unit showed up with a 4% louder bias from the right speaker right outta the box. After swapping speakers, speaker cables etc the balance issue remained. Swapped my old system back in and problem vanished and perfect balance was regained. Putting the 200 back online it continued to decline in balance at a rate of about 4% per day. Today when I turn it on if set to "0" balance it may be 20-30% louder from right speaker and seems to have stabilized there. Some days I have to dial in a 20% higher left bias and other days its 30-34% higher. It hasn't climbed higher than a 34% higher R bias... yet. And strangely enough sometimes it'll drop in the middle of a listening session from ~30% back down to ~20%. It somehow likes to be at/near a 20% R speaker balance reduction.

BTW speakers are balanced properly within the Devialet configuration and Sonos is balanced when using adjustable volume as well as when its set to 'fixed' volume. And balance centers perfectly when old system replaces Devialet. Other than the balance issue the SQ is as good as I've ever owned... nay BETTER!

Its taken 10 days for me to get this far with the Canadian dealer who reports that Devialet wants to handle warranty issues from them assuming the Canadian market back from distributors and of course I'm stuck in the middle. And I feel entitled to receive a free replacement since this problem was there and obvious within 10 hours of receiving the unit from UPS. I've got a strong hunch Devialet is going to want me to pay for shipping and return this unit from my home in the US to Canada for their usual 4-6 week or perhaps longer repair period. My contention is since I've never had a proper working unit they should send me a free replacement and a UPS or FedEx call tag for the old unit.

Am I being unreasonable?
Statements in my posts are opinion only, not to be construed as fact. Any projects I engage in are at my own risk! Their outcome cannot be assured and may result in success, small/no change or catastrophic failure. I encourage no one rely on anything I say or do as gospel and to realize your mileage may vary!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Right channel balance has to be bumped 16-20% - by Manoet - 09-Jun-2015, 14:53