Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Volume on Pass thru line connection to Surround receiver
Update: As Confused suggested, i have connected something else (a sonos ZP90, configured to control the volume) connected to the line in connection on the Devialet, while configured both normal and pass thru, set to 0 db. When in normal mode, i can control the volume as normal, and combined with the sonos volume this can go very loud.
However, at pass thru, the volume is low (even when set to 0 db). I can set the volume of the sonos to it's max and only then it's playing at what can be considered loud, but not deafening.

I also have set the Devialet pass thru volume to the max possible, +15 db. It can go to higher volumes (but not much) but also starts to sound awful when reaching the max volume of the sonos.

I am not sure what i can do further. The Anthem has always worked perfectly with the Spendor's connected to it directly. And the Devialet is working fine otherwise, and this pass thru option was a great +, but it should work as advertised...

Is there something else i can do?

Thanks again for the tips so far and in advance...
Devialet 250 Expert Pro / Nordost Valhalla Bi-Wire / Sonus Faber Olympica II
Anthem MRX 710 / B&W MT-60D
Paul Hynes SR7/T LPS / Intel Core i7 NUC-Plato X7D with Roon Lifetime / Melco S100 Switch with 2 x Ansuz Ethernet A2
Dr. Feickert Woodpecker II with Inertia Platter / Dr. Feickert Linear / Jelco TK-850L Arm / Shelter 501 III Cartridge

Power: AQ Niagara 3000 with AQ Tornado to Furutech wall outlet <-> Doepke DFS 2 F Audio Fuse Box and 3 x AQ Blizzard to Components

Messages In This Thread
RE: Volume on Pass thru line connection to Surround receiver - by Bartype - 06-Jun-2015, 09:45