Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How have you found Devialet Support?
(13-Jun-2015, 12:07)Axel Wrote: If you don't mind me asking, what is the problem with your 200?

Dont mind at all, in fact I posted above.
-USB input is broken - popping/clicking and signal breakup. (tried two cables and a new cable, and two sources - currently using same source into my Hugo and its perfect as always)
-Unacceptably noisy transformer
-Air popping / clicking (which I know is software but flagged it incase there is also a hardware fault as it happens so often)
-Possibly a SQ issue. I have now compared to two other amplifiers and the treble thinness just doesn't seem right. This may be the 'Devialet sound', but I'm starting to think it might be a fault - anyway, never hurts to check.

It's packed up and heading off tomorrow.
I have to say I'm filled with dread, based on the effort it took to get them to take it back I just assume there's going to be more hassle and it won't get resolved, but let's see - I'll give them a fair crack at it.

I'm prepared for a long delay, so thankfully I still hadn't sold my other amp and Hugo so am back enjoying them. I have to say, I miss the Devialet remote, but not much else in terms of SQ - I'm really enjoying my other setup again, and in fact at the moment I prefer it. The treble seems more 'right' and the whole thing sounds more natural.

But more than that, more than anything else in fact - I'm not distracted by constantly thinking I can hear the onset of pops and crackles, and I can just relax and listen. The music just keeps playing without any hiccups, as you would expect of any decent (non Devialet) hifi! ;-)

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

Messages In This Thread
RE: How have you found Devialet Support? - by Hifi_swlon - 14-Jun-2015, 21:51
How have you found Devialet Support? - by no32 - 02-Aug-2015, 19:56