Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How have you found Devialet Support?
I did not need any support with my D-Premiers other than them offering me a config file before the on line configurator was launched.
When I had mine updated to 250 spec I had 3 problems. The first was that they had downgraded the optical input from 24/192 to 24/96. Luckily I had them updated one at a time so I noticed this on the first returned unit and queried it. The first response was "oh no we haven't" but that was quickly corrected after checking with the engineering dept and, luckily for me, since my second unit was actually in the workshop for update at the time they made sure my second unit worked on optical input 1 with 24/192. Whether this was a selected board or a retro-fit of a D-Premier part to my 250 I don't know, but for me this was excellent service. Most people don't play 24/192 via optical I imagine.
The second 2 problems were both to do with SD card slots. The latch failed on the first unit after only 2 or 3 uses, so the card was difficult to get out. The second unit did not always read its configuration when powered up, leaving it as a default 250 rather than the slave of a 800. This was not correctly diagnosed the first time back, but eventually was diagnosed and a replacement fitted.
Generally I was very fed up that the 250s seemed poorer quality than the D-Premiers had been, but they have subsequently been no problem.
I have had far more problems with Phantoms stuttering, which is still ongoing, but still prompt and helpful correspondence (Océane Turpin).
On their emails it asks for the reply to be "typed above this line" or reply somewhere on the web site (I have not used this method for a while). Doing this I have not had the problem somebody mentioned of replies implying not knowing the history. FWIW.
Devialet Original d'Atelier 44 Core, Job Pre/225, Goldmund PH2, Goldmund Reference/T3f /Ortofon A90, Goldmund Mimesis 36+ & Chord Blu, iMac/Air, Lynx Theta, Tune Audio Anima, Goldmund Epilog 1&2, REL Studio. Dialog, Silver Phantoms, Branch stands, copper cables (mainly).
Oxfordshire

Messages In This Thread
RE: How have you found Devialet Support? - by f1eng - 16-Jun-2015, 16:48
How have you found Devialet Support? - by no32 - 02-Aug-2015, 19:56