Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Devialet chassis discolorations
(14-Jul-2014, 02:34)agentsmith Wrote: I have the same concern. After flashed my 170 to 200 firmware, I noticed that the standby temperature has increased significantly. It is so warm that I suspected the amp is constantly running. (Although the long "boot time" suggest to me that the computer section is dormant.

I am concerned about long term wear and tear on the internals as well as the gorgeous surface subject to such constant baking.

As common practice I used to keep my Naim gears on standby 24/7 years on end and it ran totally cool. But that is class A/B of course.

I also had a Vitus amp that is pure class A, and while on standby I could not sense any warming at all.

Surely there should be a mode for the Devialet just to be on alert for being awaken by the remote and leave the audio section dormant?

FYI, I just powered my 200 up from standby (not used for 9 hours) and the temperatures were 30/29/31 degrees. The ambient temperature is 19C.

The standby power consumption of a D-Premier is said to be <5W which I don't think is unreasonable given there's a DAC, pre and power amp in there. I read that a 110 uses 8W - the 200 may be different but I haven't seen any official figures. I wouldnt expect it to be any higher.

On Computeraudiophile someone measured the standby power consumption of a 110 as "27W at idle" - not sure quite what they mean. That would be enough to keep the box noticeably above ambient temperature but it shouldn't really be hot.
IMac macOS 10.15.3 (no link to Devialet Sad ) / MacBook Pro Retina OS X 10.14.4 / Linn LP12 / Devialet 200 Wilson Benesch Discovery. 
Qobuz Desktop Latest Version / Audirvana 3.2.18 / Audirvana Remote / iTunes 12.9 / AIR 3.0.4 / Wi-Fi / FW 8.1.0 / SAM 50%
Cambridge, UK (Updated 27th February, 2020)

Messages In This Thread
RE: Devialet chassis discolorations - by PhilP - 14-Jul-2014, 09:36