Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Companion makes a buzzing sound.
My companion makes a buzzing sound from the chassi. It doesent make any diffrense if it is on or off always a buzzing sound. I noticed today that it is quit warm even when it is turned off, checked the temp meny and it is a couple of degrees warmer than the master when I turned them on.

Anyone that has noticed the same or know what it is?
Speakers:TAD CE-1. Amplifier: TAD M2500mk2. Digital: TAD DA1000-TX, Innuos Statement Next-gen, Innuos PhoenixNET.

Miscellaneous: Qobuz Studio, Ansuz Mainz 8 D2, Ansuz Darkz DTC, Tubulus Argentus ethernet cable, Tubulus Concentus USB cable, Tubulus Argentus V2 XLR cable, Tubulus Argentus V3 + V3 bass, iFi Nova powercables. 

Second system
Qobuz Studio -> Devialet Silver Phantom, Devialet Tree

When you say "buzz", do you mean a 50/100 Hz hum, or more like a high-frequency whistling/rustling sound?

If the former, that sounds like it may be a fault -- I've never heard anyone mention it before.

If the latter, that is a known behaviour, variable between units, which I understand is to do with components in the switched-mode PSU vibrating and possibly making contact with the case. You might or might not regard it as a fault depending on how loud it is.
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK
As you say it sounds more like a high frequency whistling sound. My master is totally quiet and if it is really quiet in the room I can here the noise from the companion when I am standing next to the rack.

Devialet answerd me that it is nothing fault with the unit so I will for now live with it, but I find it strange that the companion is warmer than the master when you start them up from cold and I have them on seperat shelfs and there are a shelf above the master also so it will also be warmer not just the companion.
Speakers:TAD CE-1. Amplifier: TAD M2500mk2. Digital: TAD DA1000-TX, Innuos Statement Next-gen, Innuos PhoenixNET.

Miscellaneous: Qobuz Studio, Ansuz Mainz 8 D2, Ansuz Darkz DTC, Tubulus Argentus ethernet cable, Tubulus Concentus USB cable, Tubulus Argentus V2 XLR cable, Tubulus Argentus V3 + V3 bass, iFi Nova powercables. 

Second system

Yes, it's annoying once you know it's there. Not sure whether it has any correlation to the temperature difference you've noticed -- for what it's worth, I had a look at the temperatures on my units and the slave is also a couple of degrees warmer than the master.
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK
i dont know how brave you feel, but if you take off the cover to the companion then turn the power on, you should be able to ascertain pretty quickly whether its a screw vibrating somewhere or coming from a component. if its its the first one then its a simple fix
Amp - Devialet 400 Speakers - vivid audio B1 Speaker cable - audioquest oak Power conditioner - furman SPR 16IE Source - audio PC with paul pang audio usb card v3 and paul pang red dual usb cable running through jplay. usb card powered by teddy pardo power supply Source 2 - line in from integra AV receiver (TV)
(22-Jun-2015, 20:12)thumb5 Wrote: Yes, it's annoying once you know it's there.  Not sure whether it has any correlation to the temperature difference you've noticed -- for what it's worth, I had a look at the temperatures on my units and the slave is also a couple of degrees warmer than the master.

Today when I turned on my amplifiers I checked the temp on them and is it normal for them to be so warm after being of for like 10h. Is there something on in them even if you closedown so the display is dark?

Temp in master.

A 31
D28
S33

Temp in slave.

A36
D32
S36

Second system

it shouldn't be warm my friend.
I deal with them every day, so they get little bit warm after continues playing in the store. How do you have it installed? is there enough room around it?

Distributors of High-End Audio equipment & accessories & International Exclusive dealers
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Brands:  HiDiamond, Essence of Music, Crystal Cable, Siltech Cable, VertexAQ, Audeze, Musical Fidelity, Wilson Benesch, Cardas Cables, Sennheiser, MusicalStones, Klutz Design. Acoustic Preference, Dynaudio, PS Audio, Ayon Audio, Dan D'agostino and many more Smile
Cosmosound Technologies (www.cosmo-tech.info)
eshop: www.echosaudio.net
(16-Aug-2015, 17:25)Cosmosound Wrote: it shouldn't be warm my friend.
I deal with them every day, so they get little bit warm after continues playing in the store. How do you have it installed?  is there enough room around it?

I dont really understand what you mean with they shouldent be warm? Do you mean when they are shut off or when they are on? Others that I have asked says that their amps are warm even when they are off and Devialet said that this is normal. They are in a rack on seperate shelves but it is built in to the wall so the cooling could be better.

Second system

(17-Aug-2015, 20:26)octaviars Wrote:
I deal with them every day, so they get little bit warm after continues playing in the store. How do you have it installed?  is there enough room around it?

I dont really understand what you mean with they shouldent be warm? Do you mean when they are shut off or when they are on? Others that I have asked says that their amps are warm even when they are off and Devialet said that this is normal. They are in a rack on seperate shelves but it is built in to the wall so the cooling could be better.

The temps listed are very similar to that I get from my D800, if say restarted after being on standby for a day or two, quite normal.
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
(17-Aug-2015, 20:26)octaviars Wrote:

Fredrik,

No noise at all in my units and if it suddenly occurred in one of yours, the unit has some problem, return on warranty!  Maybe the power filter board problem reported elsewhere in this forum.

/Mike
Ex D400 Now Aavik U-300/Feickert Woodpecker2-Kuzma 4P-Kondo silver-Benz LPS-Teddy Pardo PSU/Naim Unitiserve-Teddy Pardo PSU/SF Guarneri Homage/Whole system decoupled by Ansuz DTC/Cables from Ansuz, DYI and other commercial/Dedicated mains and spur-Lampizator SILK