Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Master/slave link
(28-Sep-2015, 09:10)Tomthecat Wrote: Has anyone already tried the new pure silver Audioprana cable from Joel? Any improvements over the NEUTRIK HE cable?
Cable 0.70 Ag occ cryo RCA Ag(*) cryo/XLR pure Ag   (*) cryo 75->110 Ohms........320 €
(*) with body in precious wood
According to Joel it should have a better resolution compared to the Neutrik.

Hi, this is interesting as I many moons ago suggested that Joel should change the HE XLR gold as it is inferior to the Neutrik silver XLR which just have better resolution and is more open. No doubt the silver version is Neutrik XLR (see photos) but only the 3 pins in a wooden enclosure. I used Neutriks a lot and the silver pin version has always been better. Remember it is not solid silver that Neutrik is made of but it has a silver layer though there is no nickel (magnetic) as many other Neutriks have to make the gold stick better.

/Mike
Ex D400 Now Aavik U-300/Feickert Woodpecker2-Kuzma 4P-Kondo silver-Benz LPS-Teddy Pardo PSU/Naim Unitiserve-Teddy Pardo PSU/SF Guarneri Homage/Whole system decoupled by Ansuz DTC/Cables from Ansuz, DYI and other commercial/Dedicated mains and spur-Lampizator SILK
(16-Sep-2015, 16:45)flohmann Wrote: Has anyone tried the Nordost Valhalla digital cable as the master/slave link? They are on steep discount now that the Valhalla 2 is coming in...

Tried the Valhalla in my early 200 days and didn't like it all compared to my diy version of 75 ohm VHaudio silver coaxial with Eichman silevr bullets in both ends.
The Valhalla sounded tired and 2 dimensional.

But try of course, it may just be your ticket to good SQ.

/Mike
Ex D400 Now Aavik U-300/Feickert Woodpecker2-Kuzma 4P-Kondo silver-Benz LPS-Teddy Pardo PSU/Naim Unitiserve-Teddy Pardo PSU/SF Guarneri Homage/Whole system decoupled by Ansuz DTC/Cables from Ansuz, DYI and other commercial/Dedicated mains and spur-Lampizator SILK
I used a StereoLab tombotron coaxial cable with 
a CARDAS CLEAR XLR INPUT ADAPTER (PR)
Female RCA to Male XLR

This dramatically improved the synchronization and eliminated the lack of stereo image on my D400, compared to using the same coaxial cable
alone or using the Devialet-provided coaxial cable.

I highly recommend these adaptors.

Since they come as a pair, I still have one left for sale.

It is brand new, unused, and is the best Cardas adaptor for RCA female to XLR male.

The price will be half of what I paid for the pair + shipping.

Let me know if interested.
D400; Stereolab Tombo Tron coaxial for master -> slave; Kubala-Sosna Elation interconnects, power, and speaker cables; Spendor D7 speakers; Bryston BDP-2 w. latest sound card & upgraded fuses; Bybee Stealth Power Purifier conditioner connected with IsoTek EVO3 Syncro SE to wall socket
(30-Sep-2015, 14:23)baddog Wrote: @brit - I believe they will be able to take good care of you.

BAddog - just purchased a DH Labs RCA to XLR cable. I can't get sound from companion speaker. Did you use the RCA at the Master end? I activated the XLR on the Companion and the Master. ANything I'm missing here?

THanks - Dan
Nucklehead AMD Server  -   Devialet 1000Pro  -  Magico S3 Speakers
New England
USA
(11-Feb-2017, 22:28)Dan Wrote:
(30-Sep-2015, 14:23)baddog Wrote: @brit - I believe they will be able to take good care of you.

BAddog - just purchased a DH Labs RCA to XLR cable. I can't get sound from companion speaker. Did you use the RCA at the Master end? I activated the XLR on the Companion and the Master. ANything I'm missing here?

THanks - Dan

Hello Dan - Yes you use RCA on the Master and XLR on the companion.

You need two configure it with RCA going to XLR in the Devialet Configurator.

Then update the configuration file on both master and companion.

Roon ROCK on Intel NUC6i5SYH/Ethernet | VPI Avenger | Devialet 440 Pro CI | Vivid Audio Giya G3 | Auralic Aires Mini | Synology 1812+ NAS
SXSW, US
(12-Feb-2017, 00:31)baddog Wrote:
(11-Feb-2017, 22:28)Dan Wrote:

THanks - Dan

Thanks - I'll try again tomorrow - my configuration looked just like that but I could tell the companion wasn't getting input from the Master - out of frustration I reconfigured back to rca to rca and everything worked fine - I've got a 1000 - so I'm wondering if they changed anything by chance...
Dan
New England
USA
(12-Feb-2017, 01:47)Dan Wrote:
(12-Feb-2017, 00:31)baddog Wrote:
(11-Feb-2017, 22:28)Dan Wrote: BAddog - just purchased a DH Labs RCA to XLR cable. I can't get sound from companion speaker. Did you use the RCA at the Master end? I activated the XLR on the Companion and the Master. ANything I'm missing here?

THanks - Dan

Thanks - I'll try again tomorrow - my configuration looked just like that but I could tell the companion wasn't getting input from the Master - out of frustration I reconfigured back to rca to rca and everything worked fine - I've got a 1000 - so I'm wondering if they changed anything by chance...
Dan
One other thing I notice - although you have a 440 your configurator is for two 220's - mine was for two 1000's - maybe I'll try two 250's in case that makes any difference....
New England
USA
How long is your cable? Is your companion silent all the time or just with high res music?
Devialet 1000s, Belcanto 600Ms, Vivid Audio Giya G3, C1, V1w and sub, Trinnov AL16, QNAP TVS-471 NAS, Oppo 203, Siltech, Crystal Cable, Synergistic Research
(12-Feb-2017, 03:12)3rafal123 Wrote: How long is your cable? Is your companion silent all the time or just with high res music?

Everything works fine if I use a RCA /RCA cable to connect but I wanted to try a RCA/XLR cable. I configured it as Baddog showed above. The companion comes on but just stays on the first window of information and doesn't sink up with what is on the Master, and the light on the bottom of the unit is not on. Cable is only DH LABS 16 inches long - companion is silent all the time - resolution of the music isn't the issue.
Tried configuring it as two 1000s and as two 250s - same result. I may go back and look at the configurator and look at the options when you click on the link to go from RCA/RCA to RCA/XLR. 
Don't know what else to try - I put in an email to Dev support also.
Thanks for the help,
Dan
New England
USA
Are you sure the new software loaded correctly and you reset both units?
Aurender N10 - Kharma Enigma Signature AES/EBU - Devialet 400 - MIT SL-Matrix 28s - Audio Physic Virgo 25 Plus - IsoAcoustics Gaia II - AudioQuest Diamond RCA-AES between Master and Companion - Silent Angel Bonn N8 - AudioQuest Diamond Ethernet cable - Keces P3 with Hifi-Tuning Supreme 3 Silver fuse - GigaWatt 16A automatic circuit breaker - Vibex One 6 Cu - Shunyata Research ΞTRON Alpha Digital and ΞTRON Z PC-10 powercords - Qobuz 24 bit Studio

The Netherlands