Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Are the Copyright restrictions make your sound worst ?
The PS3 ripping method is a godsend but many caveats.

First of all you have to find a old version of the first generation PS3. Sony in its infinite wisdom had killed its own child and casually stopped shipping with Blu Ray+DVD+SACD drives and replaced with Blu-Ray+DVD+CD drives instead.

Identifying such drives is sort of a science onto itself.

Second of all you have to find a PS3 with older firmware (3.55 or older.) Since most people automatically update their PS3 to latest those old firmware PS3s are hard to find.

And that's not all. Apparently PC3s are made like Formula One cars, it runs in high temperature and the drives and/or the motherboards are very fragile and prone to failure even after light use. And if you take it to the Sony shop, they will most likely replace the drive with a non-sacd drive.

I was lucky to get a pristine barely used PS3, but the drive seems out of alignment and I had to slant the machine in an odd angle to read most SACD discs. But the hack does work wonderfully.

So I am treating the PS3 like a princess, only turn her on when ripping, and gives her lots of airflow.

And I am running on borrowed time, that PS3 is bound to die eventually.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Are the Copyright restrictions make your sound worst ? - by agentsmith - 17-Jul-2014, 04:02