Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Connect Phono to Dialog
I have been looking into the same issue for the past 3 days - i have a Carbon DC Esprit too.

Pro ject A/D Phono box S is discontinued unfortunately.

Seb thanks for the suggestions - i will take a look. I emailed Devialet and they could not come up with a single suggestion....
Hello Phantom users,

I'd like to connect my Technics SL-1501 to my Phantom Silver.

After quite some reading, I came up with the following hardware to buy:
RIAA Preamp: Art DJ Pre II https://www.thomann.de/fr/art_deejaypre_ii.htm
A/D Converter: Linky Audio Converter Analog/SPDIF https://www.thomann.de/fr/lindy_audiokon...gspdif.htm
Optical Cable: the SSnake Optical Cable https://www.thomann.de/fr/optical_kabel_2m.htm

Will that work fine ?
Anything I missed, or another suggestion ?

Thanks
I have a Lindy 1084 ba30 converter for sale in the classifieds.
[size=x-small]Phantom Golds, Yamaha WXC 50
(17-Aug-2015, 17:12)nigelb001 Wrote:
(17-Aug-2015, 16:37)Pinkypunky Wrote: Hi, 
I want to connect a record player in my devialets.
In which way you would do that and has anyone experience with that?
Which brands would you prefer?

Thank you for help!!!!

The only way is to use an A/D converter into an optical input. I currently use Rega --> Cambridge phono stage --> A/D converter --> Phantom.

It is rather confusing. Maybe I misunderstand something, but I did nothing but just plug the phono optical cable in one Gold and it works ! What should be the fonction of such a D/A converter ? Sorry if my question is stupid.
Devices :
2 Gold Phantoms (previously 2 Silver) + Dialog - Denon DCD-SD/300 -
Project Essential II Digital equipped with Ortofon 2M Blue,
Accessories :
Tree, Cocoon, Remote

Lyon - France
Yes, your Project Essential II has a RIAA and an Analog to Digital converter + the optical output needed to connect it directly to a Phantom or the Dialog. The Phono Box S was only 16/44.1. I believe the electronics in the Essential II does 24/96 over optical.
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB
(09-Jan-2017, 19:29)Jean-Claude Wrote:
(17-Aug-2015, 17:12)nigelb001 Wrote:
(17-Aug-2015, 16:37)Pinkypunky Wrote: Hi, 
I want to connect a record player in my devialets.
In which way you would do that and has anyone experience with that?
Which brands would you prefer?

Thank you for help!!!!

The only way is to use an A/D converter into an optical input. I currently use Rega --> Cambridge phono stage --> A/D converter --> Phantom.

It is rather confusing. Maybe I misunderstand something, but I did nothing but just plug the phono optical cable in one Gold and it works ! What should be the fonction of such a D/A converter ? Sorry if my question is stupid.

I believe you are using a TT with a digital out, most turntables do not have this facility and need a separate phono stage which will have an analogue out.
[size=x-small]Phantom Golds, Yamaha WXC 50
(09-Jan-2017, 20:05)misterpete Wrote:
(09-Jan-2017, 19:29)Jean-Claude Wrote:
(17-Aug-2015, 17:12)nigelb001 Wrote: The only way is to use an A/D converter into an optical input. I currently use Rega --> Cambridge phono stage --> A/D converter --> Phantom.

I believe you are using a TT with a digital out, most turntables do not have this facility and need a separate phono stage which will have an analogue out.
Thanks for the clarification. Now it makes sense.
Devices :
2 Gold Phantoms (previously 2 Silver) + Dialog - Denon DCD-SD/300 -
Project Essential II Digital equipped with Ortofon 2M Blue,
Accessories :
Tree, Cocoon, Remote

Lyon - France
Seems there is a new option for turntable lovers. Pro-Ject introduced the new Record Master Hi-Res turntable incl. Phono-Preamp, USB & SPDIF (Optical) out at CES 2017. It seems to be based on the Pro-Ject Debut Carbon DC which is nicer quality and better sounding than the Pro-Ject Essential II. So I guess this is a very decent solution for a lot of Phantom owners. The price should be somewhere between $599 and $699.

Innuos Zen Mini MK3 -> (Ethernet / Audioquest Optical) -> Dialog & 2x White Phantom
Pro-Ject Carbon Debut Esprit Turntable with Ortofon Red -> (Cinch/RCA) Musical Fidelity Merlin -> (AudioQuest Optical) to Phantom
Master & Dynamics MH40, Audeze Sine, AudioQuest Dragonfly Red; Remote Control via macOS and iOS devices (Devialet App / Innuos Sense /iPeng / Audirvāna Studio)
Teac TN570 turntable has the built-in digital optical out. I'm getting mine next week I will let know my findings.

http://www.teac.com/product/tn-570/
Please do

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk