Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Convection exhaust ports
    Got all of the convection porting done on the case today. Ended up using .1875" diameter as it was the best match with 18 holes to my inlet combined diameters so outlets balance inlet diameters as closely as possible. 18.0068 holes woulda been perfect but couldn't figure out how to do that. Took a ScotchBrite red pad to the face very lightly afterwards just for an idea of what a brush finish might look like. But still have my heart set on media blasting so it closely resembles the satin finish on the trim ring surrounding the remote volume knob. But I'll likely end up having to soda blast instead as I believe all my media including plastic will be too course but I have plenty of soda around. Holes will be a lot less prominent after black anodizing.

Belly pan was dropped of at the powder coater for stripping early this morning. I can pick it up tomorrow morning then it, the digital board surround box and the PSU cover are ready for anodizing. Once I finish blasting the case everything will head over to the anodizer. Hopefully by Friday as Monday was my budgeted time so (fingers crossed) I might get out a day ahead of schedule if anodizing can start by Friday.
Statements in my posts are opinion only, not to be construed as fact. Any projects I engage in are at my own risk! Their outcome cannot be assured and may result in success, small/no change or catastrophic failure. I encourage no one rely on anything I say or do as gospel and to realize your mileage may vary!
(18-Aug-2015, 21:56)Manoet Wrote: Got all of the convection porting done on the case today. Ended up using .1875" diameter as it was the best match with 18 holes to my inlet combined diameters so outlets balance inlet diameters as closely as possible. 18.0068 holes woulda been perfect but couldn't figure out how to do that. Took a ScotchBrite red pad to the face very lightly afterwards just for an idea of what a brush finish might look like. But still have my heart set on media blasting so it closely resembles the satin finish on the trim ring surrounding the remote volume knob. But I'll likely end up having to soda blast instead as I believe all my media including plastic will be too course but I have plenty of soda around. Holes will be a lot less prominent after black anodizing.

Belly pan was dropped of at the powder coater for stripping early this morning. I can pick it up tomorrow morning then it, the digital board surround box and the PSU cover are ready for anodizing. Once I finish blasting the case everything will head over to the anodizer. Hopefully by Friday as Monday was my budgeted time so (fingers crossed) I might get out a day ahead of schedule if anodizing can start by Friday.

Wow, this is going to be one hot rod of a Devialet!  Keep up the good work.
(19-Aug-2015, 03:25)photon Wrote:
(18-Aug-2015, 21:56)Manoet Wrote: Got all of the convection porting done on the case today. Ended up using .1875" diameter as it was the best match with 18 holes to my inlet combined diameters so outlets balance inlet diameters as closely as possible. 18.0068 holes woulda been perfect but couldn't figure out how to do that. Took a ScotchBrite red pad to the face very lightly afterwards just for an idea of what a brush finish might look like. But still have my heart set on media blasting so it closely resembles the satin finish on the trim ring surrounding the remote volume knob. But I'll likely end up having to soda blast instead as I believe all my media including plastic will be too course but I have plenty of soda around. Holes will be a lot less prominent after black anodizing.

Wow, this is going to be one hot rod of a Devialet!  Keep up the good work.

Not so much a "hot rod" more a "cool cat" Tongue .

David
1. NUC6i5SYH running ROON ROCK > ROON/AIR > Ethernet > Devialet 1000pro Core Infinity> Wilson-Benesch ACT Speakers,
or, as alternative, 
2. Wyred4Sound MS-2 Server, Devialet 1000pro Core Infinity, Theta Jade CD Transport, Pure 702ES Tuner, Wilson-Benesch ACT Speakers, misc cables

UK