Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reviewer's (Jeff Fritz/Soundstage) Thoughts
Complaints? Not me, but I read about the experiences of others and I understand (somewhat) their issues and disappointments. But frankly, I have nothing but praise for my D120. It is a plug and play and forget product. I don't feel the need to constantly upgrade firmware, or SAM profiles, or other parts of the system.

But I don't thing JF complained about the Expert line; he does seem to feel that Devialet is not keeping up with delivering on expressed promises or delivering a comfortably complete Phantom product. Devialet may not be all that some hoped for in terms of feeding owners a constant stream of 'oh wow' updates, but that is not a disappointment. And they are a new company, relatively, so have some latitude from me in terms of getting all aspects of their operation polished. Naim has been in business for what, 30 years? They can still put out app updates that leave users all over the world wondering how to get their systems working again.

BTW, JF does appear to be using Devialet as his own amp of choice.... a good choice, IMHO.
Damon
Powernode, NAD M32, Cambridge CD transport, Analysis Plus, Nordost, iFi Nova, CSS Criton 1TDX, KEF C62
Vancouver, Canada

Messages In This Thread
RE: Reviewer's (Jeff Fritz/Soundstage) Thoughts - by Damon - 01-Sep-2015, 20:14