Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reviewer's (Jeff Fritz/Soundstage) Thoughts
(01-Sep-2015, 17:50)rwjr44 Wrote: Visit http://www.soundstageultra.com/index.php...erspective for a nice thought piece about the Phantom but has echoes to many of our general complaints about the Expert line.

My only complaint about the Expert line was the changing of the Air concept from a Mac/iTunes utility to a universal "soundcard". It hasn't worked as well since. A case of the customer(s) not always being right IMO.

Overall updates are not something I have expected from my hifi for the last 45+ years, so I don't stress over what may or may not be in the next one, or when it might be, I just spin a CD or LP, or stream a file and enjoy the unbeaten sound quality.

When an update comes along I do it, the only one which I was really thrilled by was the one when the on-line configurator was launched. That was game changing for me. 

I bought my hifi to listen to music, not to dick about with.
If I want to dick about I do it with cameras Smile am into cameras rather than taking pictures...
Devialet Original d'Atelier 44 Core, Job Pre/225, Goldmund PH2, Goldmund Reference/T3f /Ortofon A90, Goldmund Mimesis 36+ & Chord Blu, iMac/Air, Lynx Theta, Tune Audio Anima, Goldmund Epilog 1&2, REL Studio. Dialog, Silver Phantoms, Branch stands, copper cables (mainly).
Oxfordshire

Messages In This Thread
RE: Reviewer's (Jeff Fritz/Soundstage) Thoughts - by f1eng - 01-Sep-2015, 21:31